Last Updated on April 20, 2022 by Snezana Grcak
Many online car rental platforms and search engines claim to have the most cost-effective offers, but travelers often have trouble finding a reliable one. Shuttle Fare is here to smooth the way for you to book the best deal without any hassle! Discover how the Priceline car rental feature works, and find the agency’s contact details, reviews, and top alternatives. Use all the info and our hot tips to make your travel experience as smooth and pleasant as possible!
What Is Priceline?
Along with Booking.com, Agoda, Kayak, and OpenTable, Priceline is a part of the Booking Holdings company, the world’s leader in online travel. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, this travel agency has been helping passengers make travel-related purchases for 25 years! It offers amazing deals on hotels, flights, and rental cars, but this guide will focus solely on Priceline’s car rental feature. Priceline singles out the best offers from major rental car companies you trust so that you can compare and book them quickly and at a better price.
How Does Priceline Car Rental Work?
The Priceline car rental process is quick and straightforward. Access the Priceline Rental Cars page to find the booking form from the following picture, and then take the steps listed below.
- Enter the pick-up/drop-off address. If your drop-off location differs from the pick-up point, uncheck the blue box and enter both locations.
- Select the pick-up and drop-off times and click on Search.
- Go through the list of available vehicles to find what works for you.
- Use filters on the left to quickly single out the most suitable car. Check out the following picture to see what it looks like.
- Click on the green Choose button to get to checkout.
- Enter the driver’s personal information, contact details, and flight information if necessary.
- Include a Priceline car rental insurance, child seat, or any special request.
- Type in the Priceline car rental coupon if you have one to take advantage of Priceline car rental discounts.
- Double-check all the info and pick-up/drop-off dates.
- Complete the booking.
When it comes to payment, Priceline usually doesn’t require any; instead, you pay directly to the car rental company when you return the vehicle. However, special offers are sometimes available and allow you to save up to 40% if you opt for online payment.
Picking Up Your Rental Car
Before heading to the rental agency to pick up the car and hit the road, remember to bring a valid driver’s license and a credit card in your name. Depending on the rental car company, you might have to bring additional documentation; review their policy information after booking to learn more.
Be punctual and careful since additional charges may apply if you pick up or drop off the vehicle at a different time/location. Extra charges also apply for drivers younger than 25 in most cities.
How To Cancel Priceline Car Rental Bookings
Wondering how to cancel your reservation and get a refund from Priceline car rental? Free cancellation is available for most bookings—here’s how you can do it:
- Search Find My Trips or click on My Trips if you created a Priceline account.
- Tap “View/Cancel Itinerary” next to the booking you wish to cancel.
- Click on the Cancel button within your reservation.
After you complete the cancellation, check your emails for confirmation from Priceline. If the confirmation email has no information regarding your refund, don’t worry—the company will notify you about it after processing your request. Priceline will also provide a full refund of your Collision Damage Insurance.
If you have trouble canceling your reservation online, contact the Customer Care team—see the following section to discover how to do it.
Ways to Contact Priceline Customer Care
Priceline’s support team is available around the clock, and you can reach out in the following ways:
- Use the chatbox on Priceline’s website.
- Send a text to the customer support team at 33296.
- Call Priceline car rental phone number: 800-774-2354.
If you already picked up the vehicle and have issues during your trip, call the rental company directly. Before contacting anyone, check out the Priceline Help Center to possibly find the answer to your question.
Priceline Rental Car Reviews
In an attempt to discover whether the agency is reliable, our team went through countless Priceline rental car reviews on several websites. However, we didn’t get a precise answer.
The opinions are mixed, and the majority of comments are on the negative side, unfortunately. Many Priceline users have had trouble canceling their bookings, getting refunds, or contacting customer service representatives. Some of them even ended up spending much more money due to a Priceline’s oversight. On the other hand, a number of travelers have had an enjoyable experience and recommend the platform.
Bottom Line + Top Alternatives
Despite the negative reviews, we suggest you give Priceline a try if you’re renting locally or need a ride in another U.S. city or state. If you’re looking for an affordable car hire deal abroad, we recommend checking out the alternatives or booking directly at one of the major rental companies.
Click on any link below to learn more about similar platforms and possibly find a more convenient transportation service for your journey.
When in need of a dependable car rental at any airport, look into Shuttle Fare and its amazing deals and discounts! Use its coupons codes for Alamo, Budget, Dollar, and Avis to compare prices and find the most cost-effective option.